Swat Tennis Routs Red Devils, 7-2
CARLISLE, Pa. - The Swarthmore College men's tennis team (7-9, 6-1 CC) rebounded from its first Conference loss to Hopkins with a big 7-2 win over Dickinson College (9-7, 3-3 CC) on Saturday afternoon.
In singles action Youngblood would lose the No. 1 match in a three set heartbreaker 4-6, 7-5 and 10-7. Kelm would pick the Garnet back up with a dominating 6-0 and 6-1 win over Hunter Holbrook.
Wee, Mubeen and Wieler would also go undefeated between singles and doubles action, all with decisive singles victories in straight sets.
Wieler would give up only one game throughout the match.
The Swarthmore College men's tennis team returns to action on Tuesday April 20 as Conference rival Haverford visits Faulkner Courts. Play begins at 4 PM.
#10 Swarthmore 7, Dickinson College 2
1. Ross Anstaett (DCM) def. Stephen Youngblood (SWATMTN) 4-6,
2. Zak Kelm (SWATMTN) def. Hunter Holbrook (DCM) 6-0, 6-1
3. Mark Wee (SWATMTN) def. Will Golinkin (DCM) 6-4, 6-1
4. Matt Wood (DCM) def. Maxwell Bressman (SWATMTN) 1-6, 6-1, 10-4
5. Malik Mubeen (SWATMTN) def. Pavel Hejsek (DCM) 6-4, 7-5
6. James Wieler (SWATMTN) def. Kurt Mendelson (DCM) 6-0, 6-0
1. Zak Kelm/Stephen Youngblood (SWATMTN) def. Ross Anstaett/Will
Golinkin (DCM) 8-4
2. Mark Wee/Maxwell Bressman (SWATMTN) def. Matt Wood/Andrew Kastner (DCM) 8-4
3. Malik Mubeen/James Wieler (SWATMTN) def. Hunter Holbrook/Pavel Hejsek (DCM) 8-1